When I was reading the news a bit ago, I came across this story about burning popcorn. It seems as though people at the City of Seattle civic building have the same problem of students at the University of Washington do — not knowing how to cook microwave popcorn. I guess the City of Seattle has had enough, and is imposing a ban of microwave popcorn at all city buildings. Every time there is a fire alarm there, some 400 people are evacuated and shuts down the building for 30-40 minutes.
This just makes me wonder what is happening. In the dorms we have popcorn fire alarms now and then. We evacuate slightly more people than that depending on what time it is and all that. However, it doesn’t take 40 minutes for things to get restored for us. But I wouldn’t mind having a ban on popcorn now and then.
What is funny is that the city sent to all employees a memo detailing how popcorn should be cooked in a microwave.[?]